Saturday, April 7, 2012

Girlfriend Getaways....Nothing Better!




For my 40th birthday, I treated 5 of my dearest, oldest, faraway friends to a weekend in Las Vegas.  It was my birthday gift to myself.  Nothing like catching up with old friends in a fun, festive, exotic location with lots to do in between the fellowship, laughter and meaningful conversations!  Moms don't need much of an excuse to escape the day-to-day to party it up with good friends! 

Well, it was so beneficial for my soul that I've continued the tradition.  This will be the 4th year that I've invited women who are dear to my heart, that I can immediately reconnect with like we've never been away from each other and who's company feeds my soul and refills my bucket. 

Last year, I took my 4 female Managers/Rock Stars on a weekend getaway at the beach and did we ever celebrate, enjoy each other and contemplate our professional lives together.  I didn't know at the time that this would be our 'last hurrah' together as I would resign my CEO/leadership position 3 months later.  I'm so grateful we had this time together and it holds a special place in my heart! 

I'm counting down the days 'til the next girlfriend getaway at the end of this month!  The women coming this year are ones that I've served alongside in ministry, fellow moms that have shared life's milestones with me like pregnancy, infancy, toddler-hood and now teenage years.  These are the friends that I'm most inspired by and most try to emulate.  A rare and rich weekend to be together amidst our busy lives in different parts of the country. We will bless each other through our fellowship, sharing our life's joys and struggles, reconnecting and enjoying the company of dear, faraway, old friends. 

Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."


No comments:

Post a Comment